One of the biggest hurdles faced by inclusion and accessibility initiatives at organizations and businesses is the lack of awareness and sometimes, sensitivity, towards the potential and needs of people with disabilities. Even when people at the top level are receptive towards creating an inclusive and accessible workplace environment, your employees at various levels may not be as receptive as you are.
This lack of awareness and sensitivity may stem from inexperience (not having worked with people with disabilities) or a negative attitude towards someone whose needs and requirements are different than the general workforce.
Our inclusion and accessibility training services can deal with both the problems. Our workshops and training programs will leave your employees more aware of the needs of the people with disabilities. We are sure that once we have sensitized them towards the ethical side of creating an inclusive and accessible workplace environment there will be a shift in their thinking.
Where attitudes cannot be changed, the law can help.
This is why our inclusion and accessibility training services will deliver a social, cultural and legal narrative to paint a complete picture in favor of creating an inclusive and accessible environment.
The components of our inclusion and accessibility training services
- The RPWD Act (External Website), 2016 and how it impacts your organization?
- How to create an inclusive workplace for people with disabilities with customized modules in accommodations for persons with different disabilities?
- How to formulate and implement an inclusive recruitment process?
- How to design and deliver an inclusive training program?
- Disability etiquette training to employees and customer service providers within the organization
- Importance of digital accessibility and accessibility standards.
- What it means to have accessibility of built-in environment and accessibility standards.
- Training in emergency preparedness.
- Disability sensitization for school and college students, health professionals, CSR professionals, legal fraternity and other stakeholders.
- Disability inclusion training for housekeeping, security and transport personnel.
- Leadership training for employees with disabilities.
- Capacity building for DPOs and people with disabilities on various aspects related to awareness and advocacy.
- Disability sensitisation for school and college students.
DEOC has experienced professionals who specialise in the area of disability, accessibility and various aspects of inclusion. We customise the trainings based on the target audience.
Call us today to know more about our inclusion and accessibility training services.